Education is a very important part in all our lives; we not only become academically sound, but also morally and socially responsible. It becomes even more important to make education a medium for all-round development of students by imparting values-based learning, talent and skills development training, personality development coaching and the like. Hence, we at Vidya Chetana aim to not just provide financial aid to our beneficiary students, but also teach them a multitude of other employability skills required in the 21st century. These skills are important not just to acquire a job, but also for becoming an asset for both themselves and the country. These employability skills instil a sense of confidence in our beneficiaries along with making them ready to achieve their respective goals and dreams.
Yes, we are an NGO helping poor students to complete their post-school education i.e., PUC (10+2), degree, engineering and medical through our Scholarship Program, but alongside we have several skills development training sessions too.
Our Beyond the Scholarship Program
We have a Beyond the Scholarship Program to equip our beneficiary students with 21st century employability skills. The highlights of this program are:
● Admission guidance for college and course selection
● Career guidance sessions & soft skills workshop
● Training on 21st century skills
● Mentorship programs to mould them into responsible citizens through residential camps, value inculcating workshops etc.
● Employability Readiness Program (for final year students)
Participation of Supporters
Education donation for the underprivileged students is very crucial. We have been able to support education of thousands of meritorious students from socio-economically weaker backgrounds due to generous education donation contributed by many benevolent donors. And here’s what they have to say,
· “I have been associated with Youth for Seva from its inception. One of the important activities undertaken by them is Vidya Chetana Sponsor a Child initiative. This gives the donor joy and satisfaction of educating a deserving child. They inform us about the progress of the child in terms of child’s marks and other achievements. We also get to see and interact with the children. it gives enormous satisfaction that your donation goes to a noble, worthy cause and this NGO spends all the money for the cause and not for ‘establishment’ expenses.” – R. Vaidyanathan
· “Vidya Chetana under Youth for Seva has been instrumental in enabling access to underprivileged children. Earlier I used to support the education of two or three children directly. The vision of the organization and ‘honesty of purpose’ convinced me a lot that it reaches out to more students by working in collaboration with YFS. Since then, I have been donating to the Vidya Chetana Program.” - Smriti Prasad
As an NGO helping poor students, we encourage your participation in supporting higher education of underprivileged students. Become an agent of change by contributing an education donation that will enable students to complete their education as well as make them part of our development and employability skills program. This World Youth Skills Day, donate to empower an entire generation.